- 450g cooked rice (about 2 1/2 bowls)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25g spring onions, diced
- 120g roasted barbecue pork (char siu) or fried pancetta, cut into cubes
- 25g shallots, diced
- 2 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
Sauce & Marinade
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce,
- 1.5 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- Prepare the shallots, charsiu and spring onions, and mix together the sauces in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok and pour in the beaten eggs. Stir-fry the eggs and use a spatula to break them into small pieces. When the eggs turn golden brown, take them out and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the wok and stir-fry diced shallots until fragrant.
- Add eggs back to the wok. Stir in rice, diced pork, the sauce and spring onions. Heat through to serve.
SKILL UP - Cook the Rice!
Stir-fried rice dishes are a great way to use up leftover rice from another meal. However, if you do not have cooked rice at hand, cook it yourself! Watch our instructional video here and follow the steps below:
- Wash and rinse the rice well - until the water becomes clear. Drain.
- Into a saucepan, add the rice and double the amount of water, stir.
- Bring the rice to boil, cover the saucepan with lid, turn down the heat to lowest possible.
- Cook for about 10-15min until the water has been absorbed and rice is cooked. Fluff it up with a fork, give it time to cool down.
- Make sure the rice has cooled down properly before using in a stir-fry.