- 150g Chinese mushrooms, rinsed and soaked in warm water until soft
- 150g bamboo shoots, cut into small pieces
- 6 stalks bak choi/Shanghai cabbage
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, diced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (make your own - see the video recipe here!)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, cut into 3cm pieces
Marinade for bamboo shoots
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp Premium Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Premium Light Soy Sauce
- 50ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- Mix the soy sauce and oyster sauce to make a marinade, then add to the bamboo shoots. Leave to marinade for 10-20 minutes.
- In a wok with lid or another big saucepan with a lid, bring 4 cups of water to the boil. Carefully place the steaming plate inside and steam the Chinese mushrooms for 10 minutes or until done.
- Blanch the Chinese mushrooms and bamboo shoots in boiling water.
- Heat the oil in the wok and gently fry the mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Then blanch in boiling water again to remove excess oil.
- Blanch the bak choi/Shanghai cabbage stalks in boiling water.
- In the wok, adding a little more oil if necessary, stir-fry the diced ginger and Shanghai cabbage. Add chicken stock, letting it thicken and heat through.
- Arrange Shanghai cabbage on one side of a serving plate.
- Stir-fry minced ginger and garlic. Add the sauce mix.
- Add the Chinese mushrooms and bamboo shoots. Cover and cook until sauce thickens. Stir in the pieces of spring onion, arrange on a plate and serve.