300g spare ribs, cut into pieces
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp corn flour (optional)
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Plum Sauce
1 tsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark Soy Sauce
3 slices of ginger
250ml water (or reserved liquid from pre-boiling)
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp sugar
- Marinate spare ribs for 15 minutes. (Optional - coat the spare ribs with 1 tbsp of corn flour)
- Mix together sauce mix ingredients.
- Heat 1tbsp oil and quickly stir-fry the spare ribs a medium heated wok for 5 minutes until meat is browned on the outside.
- Add the sauce mix and bring to boil.
- Turn down the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the meat is tender and sauce thickened.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.
Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens to add colour and a fresh touch to the dish!
Pre-boil the pork before moving on to step 1 to remove the porky smell and any impurities!
Place the ribs into a saucepan filled with water, bring to boil and cook until done and tender - the time will depend on the thickness of the pieces - 5 min should suffice for the ribs. Remove from water, wash under cold water and allow to cool before marinating.