100g minced pork*
250g aubergine, cut into bite-size batons
1 tbsp oil
1tsp finely chopped garlic
1tsp finely chopped ginger
1 spring spring onion
handful of coriander and sliced red chilliies for garnish
1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Chilli Bean Sauce
1 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce (optional)
(or alternatively: 1 pack of “Lee Kum Kee Sauce for Spicy Garlic Aubergine”)
- Marinate the mince and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cut the aubergine, mince the ginger and garlic, slice spring onion and prepare the garnish and set aside.
- Steam aubergines for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, add spring onion, ginger and garlic to season the oil. Stir-fry minced pork, add sauce mix, bring to boil then add in aubergine to cook for further 3 minutes or until the pork is cooked.
- Serve with a bowl of rice and garnish with fresh coriander and chillies.
Add 1 tsp of Chinkiang Vinegar mixed with 1 tsp caster sugar for a balanced sweet and sour hint!
*Make it Veggie!
Follow the same recipe but omit the minced meat and add extra 100g of aubergines or replace minced meat with Quorn Mince. Instead of Oyster Sauce use Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-fry Sauce.