250g Cooked rice, cool and loosen
150g Minced beef/alternative
100g Green peas
80g Sweet corn kernels
1/2 sweet pepper, diced
1 tbsp Cooking oil
2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Oyster Sauce
1 tbsp XO sauce
- Heat up oil in a hot wok, add in mince and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add in sauces and stir-fry further 3 minutes.
- Add green peas, sweet corn, sweet pepper and cooked rice all together.
- Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the rice is heated through before serving.
Tip for Vegetarian Option:
Use Quorn/soya mince, substitute the oyster and XO sauces with Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-fry Sauce for a vegetarian fried rice dish!
SKILL UP - Cook the Rice!
Stir-fried rice dishes are a great way to use up leftover rice from another meal. However, if you do not have cooked rice at hand, cook it yourself! Watch our instructional video here and follow the steps below:
- Wash and rinse the rice well - until the water becomes clear. Drain.
- Into a saucepan, add the rice and double the amount of water, stir.
- Bring the rice to boil, cover the saucepan with lid, turn down the heat to lowest possible.
- Cook for about 10-15min until the water has been absorbed and rice is cooked. Fluff it up with a fork, give it time to cool down.
- Make sure the rice has cooled down properly before using in a stir-fry.